We’re Gonna Need A Montage

16 Sep

South Park Montage 2So, after cutting together a bunch of audio and video from the first-ever performance of “The Exited Door,” it became clear that I had too much of both – I couldn’t really imagine finishing, editing, and posting videos of every song, and I also couldn’t imagine everyone out there sitting there and watching that much video.

It was clear that there was only one thing to do. In the words of Trey Parker and Matt Stone:

The day is approaching
to give it your best
and you’ve got to reach your prime

that’s when you need
to put yourself to the test
and show us a passage of time

we’re gonna need a montage
(montage!)
a show-playing montage
(montage!!)

So, without further ado, I give you the official video montage of last week’s show.  It is seriously good times.

It, and other fun live videos, can all be found in widescreen on my YouTube Channel.  And if the montage-y-ness leaves you wanting to hear more, well… good! Only thing to do is come out to the next one!

Full Band Onstage 2

Advertisements

7 Responses to “We’re Gonna Need A Montage”

1. sitting pugs September 16, 2009 at 8:56 am #

The title of this entry is just great. Montage sequences should be applied to real life.

Jane: So, what did you do last summer?

Max: I went to Spain and Greece and Italy and then I … here, just watch this montage sequence.

• Kirk September 16, 2009 at 8:59 am #

Lol.

“I think I am qualified for this job for a number of reasons. First of all… well.. actually, just watch this montage!”

“Your honor, on the date in question, I was exiting the 7-11 when the accused… you know what? Here, check out this montage.”

“Jim, I think we should start seeing other people. It’s not you, it’s… well… just watch this montage.”

2. Pretty Project September 16, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

Great montage!!! 🙂

3. Mike September 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm #

if only work could be a speedy montage as well

4. sittingpugs September 16, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

Fantastic examples. I think your second hypothetical isn’t too far from real life. The lawyers for either/both parties would already have still photos, perhaps a few charts, bar graphs…why not include a dramatization of the event?

And your first example is also known as a portfolio for artists. ^_~

• Kirk September 17, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

HA – that’s totally true. Honestly, I mean, what I’m saying in this post is:

“I have a really cool band and we put on a great show. It’s got a bunch of different instruments and.. well… actually just check out this montage!”

So, real-life applicability! The trick now is to start using montages in as many different situations as possible.

5. localdrivinglessons September 16, 2009 at 11:43 pm #