So You Think You Can Make A List…

7 Sep

Top+25+Courtney+Gev01…of the top 25 So You Think You Can Dance routines of all time?  A daunting task, to be sure, but it was with this task in mind that Joe R., the master blogger of Low Resolution, set out to recruit a band of peeps to help him make one.

And recruit them he did – Vance from Tapeworthy of the northeast lands, and from the dark TWoP-Barrows past the mountains, he found Jeff and Lauren S.  And to complete their foursome, Joe did find a young bard from the westlands by the name of… Kirk.  United by common purpose, and they made their lists, and Joe combined them into one master list.

And it was good.

So, check it out!  It was really fun to take the memory-lane trip that making my list required, and our final master list is pretty outstanding. Plus, I didn’t see seasons 1-2, so it’s fun to watch the videos Joe’s posted.

Season 6 starts this week, are y’all ready?  Honestly, I’m actually not that sure I am… two hours a week is a big commitment in the fall.  But what am I saying?  Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Advertisements

8 Responses to “So You Think You Can Make A List…”

1. thesoniashow September 7, 2009 at 10:20 am #

I can’t stop watching Janette and Brandon’s jazz routine. That routine and Mark and Chelsie’s “Bleeding Love” are definitely my favorites.

And this one is not technically a routine, but in the season four finale, we got the most amazing pop battle:

This guy blew my mind!

• Kirk September 7, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

I know. Love it. Wade Robson, man. SHRN.

2. thesoniashow September 13, 2009 at 8:59 am #

You will not like this … At last night’s Creative Arts Emmys, SYTYCD lost the Best Choreography Emmy to the Academy Awards!!!

Award Fail!

• Kirk September 13, 2009 at 9:04 am #

WTF? For that fucking Huge Jackman dance number? Give me a breeeaaak.

It figures that the Emmys would give the award to the only organization in the world that’s even better at fellating itself than they are.

Also: Nice to see you up and commenting again! 🙂

• Kirk September 13, 2009 at 9:09 am #

Ya, I actually saw that about Pushing Daisies, which is cool. It’s just that my knee-jerk reaction is to bash the Emmys. It’s The Wire, man, I’ll never recover.

Also, hating on the Emmys is the new old mocking Hipsters. It never goes out of fashion!

3. thesoniashow September 13, 2009 at 9:07 am #

I agree with you about the Emmys and the Oscars. I should also tell you that Pushing Daisies won several awards last night for set direction, art direction, costumes. Plus, Tina Fey and Justin Timberlake won well-deserved Emmys for the SNL appearances.

I love reading the Creative Arts Emmy winner list, because there are all these little categories that don’t make it to “the big show,” but are still important to the overall quality of the shows.

4. thesoniashow September 13, 2009 at 9:09 am #

One more thing … Outstanding Special Class – Short-format Live-Action Entertainment Programs went to Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, which I believe is Joss Whedon’s first Emmy win!

• Kirk September 13, 2009 at 9:15 am #

What madness is this? Does “Creative Arts Emmys” actually mean “Way Lower-Profile Emmys Where We Get Things Right for a Change?”

Comments are closed.