Reason #924 Why I Love Phoenix Wright

13 Jul

Each of the many, many (many) cases Phoenix tries in court is adjudicated by the kindly, spacey, reliably clueless Judge.  Throughout all of the games, this nameless man is the solitary face of justice:

Phoenix Wright Mr. Judge

Except! A single time, in the third game, in order to stop the proceedings in the courtroom next door, Phoenix barges across the hall at the last minute and interrupts the trial, coming face-to-face with a second Judge, who appears to be…

Phoenix Wright Canadian Judge

…Canadian.

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Reason #924 Why I Love Phoenix Wright”

1. Weaver October 27, 2009 at 12:01 pm #

I feel it my duty as a Canadian to point out that said particular dialect is from Newfoundland.

• Kirk October 27, 2009 at 12:38 pm #

omg, Weaver, your comment has made me revisit this post, and now that I’ve finished the final Phoenix Wright game (“Trials and Tribulations”), I can say that there is so much more to the story.

In that final game, there is a case that must be tried in the Canadian Judge’s court, and among other things we learn that he is the original Judge’s brother. It is so awesome.

You know, if you think that sort of thing is awesome…

2. Jasper October 30, 2009 at 3:32 am #

Nice, although this is not a Newfoundland accent. Think more like Ontario or Saskatchewan.

3. Abc October 30, 2009 at 8:38 am #

it’s more of a stereotypical accent thats all over the place, but amped up for comic value. i live in saskatchewan and nobody talks like that.

there is a lot of ‘git-r-done’ canadian-style type accent here though, and its gross 😦 i’d say about (aboot?) 20% of the people in saskatchewan have an accent

4. ActualCanadian November 3, 2009 at 5:23 pm #

Saskatchewan sucks balls, try Ontario you fake Canadian.

5. mike November 5, 2009 at 10:13 am #

i am from newfoundland and i have never heard anyone use the word hoser, that term is not a newfoundland term

6. reality November 9, 2009 at 12:53 am #

Actually, I don’t think anyone in Canada ever used hoser in that manner until they started copying SCTV, and when SCTV did it, the accent was pretty pure Ontario.

7. Michelle December 8, 2009 at 1:59 pm #

I’m from Ontario and I think I’ve only heard/read anyone say the word “hoser” once in my life. However I do say “eh” a lot.

8. Greg January 13, 2010 at 3:37 am #

I am a Newfoundlander, and in no instance have I heard the use of the word “Hoser” on these shores. It’s just a stereo typical characteristic of all Canadians.

9. TheForever May 13, 2010 at 9:11 am #

Ontario born and raised. No one ever has said the word “hoser”.

10. Primo May 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

I am from Ontario. I say “eh” alot. Never said aboot. Used hoser once or twice. Religiously use chesterfield. And yes, milk comes in bags.

11. bornNbreadCANADIAN May 30, 2010 at 2:40 pm #

I just find it hilarious that your all debating on where the accent is based on, I’ve lived in Ontario for a good part of my life and I’m not even sure what a hozer is. but I did at one point try to explain “eh” to an American.

Comments are closed.